Guitar Aficionado Magazine - Winter 2009 - John McEnroe, Alex Lifeson
In Guitar Aficionado's Winter 2009 issue, former tennis champ John McEnroe talks about his love of the guitar and shows us some of the finer specimens in his collection of vintage axes, with additional attention given to his passion for the fine art of Jean-Michel Basquiat, Kara Walker, and Alice Neel. George Gruhn and Elliot Easton examine the vintage market for left-handed guitar, and we hunt down some of the lost treasured axes of the Hard Rock Cafe. Finally, celebrated photographer Mark Seliger tells the stories behind his famous photos of legendary guitarists, including George Harrison, Chuck Berry, and Carlos Santana.
Also in this issue:
- Rush guitarist Alex Lifeson plays 18 holes with Guitar Aficionado and talks about his wine collection totaling some 1,200 bottles.
- Famed suspense novelist Jonathan Kellerman shows off his massive collection of exquisite and remarkably rare guitars.
- A look inside Red Hook Winery, Mark Snyder's Brooklyn company that's putting Long Island's wines on the map.
- Traveling the Bay Area, from Monterey to Bodega Bay, in a 2010 Mercedes SLS AMG gullwing.
- Avant-garde icon Devendra Barnhart combines his favorite instruments with the latest designer fashions.
Reviews include the Fender Custom Shop La Cabronita Especial guitars, the Porsche Panamera, the Ducati GT 1000 SportClassic, and the SIM2 Grand Cinema C3X LUMIS projector. And as always, Guitar Aficionado features the best in spirits, as well as luxury watches and more. Get your copy of Guitar Aficionado's Winter 2009 issue today for $9.99!