Guitar World - Aug-11 - 100 Greatest Classic Rock Guitar Songs
Guitar World presents the 100 Greatest Classic Rock Guitar Songs of All Time, complete with stories from the bands that made them. Our ranked listing includes Fifties hits like Chuck Berry's Johnny B. Goode and Link Wray's Rumble, Sixties tracks such as Jimi Hendrix's Purple Haze and the Rolling Stones' Satisfaction, classic rock tunes including Led Zeppelin's Stairway to Heaven and Pink Floyd's Comfortably Numb, and loads of songs from the previous 30 years, like Ozzy Osbourne's Crazy Train, Van Halen's Eruption, Guns N' Roses' Welcome to the Jungle, Nirvana's Smells Like Teen Spirit, and much more.
Plus: Special guest commentary from...
- Dave Mustaine on Stairway to Heaven
- Billie Joe Armstrong on Surrender
- James Hetfield on The Boys Are Back in Town
- Kirk Hammett on Purple Haze
- Slash on Eruption/You Really Got Me
- Jerry Cantrell on Back in Black
- Eddie Van Halen on All Day and All of the Night
- Warren Haynes on Hotel California
- and more!
Also featured in this issue: Jane's Addiction, Megadeth, Alex Skolnick, TesseracT, and instructional columns by Megadeth's David Ellefson, Periphery's Misha Mansoor, Andy Aledort, and others.
Plus, we review the ESP AC30E QM acoustic-electric guitar, Axl USA SRO Artist electric guitar, Albion TCT 35 combo, DiMarzio Angel DP232 acoustic system, Victoria Ivy League combo, MXR Custom Badass '78 Distortion, Laguna LE50 electric guitar, and Trace Elliot AH 1200-12 bass head and 1048 and 1818 cabinets.
- Rolling Stones (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
- Dire Straits Sultans of Swing
- Grand Funk We're an American Band
- Steely Dan Reelin' in the Years
- Robin Trower Bay of the Eagle
And 5 SONGS with Guitar & Bass TABS!