Guitar World - Sept - 12 Steve Vai & Tosin Abasi
STEVE VAI & TOSIN ABASI The intergenerational virtuosos meet up in this shreducational GW summit. Steve Vai has been a beacon to shredders since he first arrived in 1984. With The Story of Light, his second installment in the Real Illusions trilogy, he shines as brightly as ever. Vai led the first wave of virtuoso shredders.Now Tosin Abasi of Animals as Leadersis leading the latest. In a historic first, the two guitarists discuss what it takes to be a virtuoso and why six strings just ain’t enough. PLUS - Abasi makes his debut as a GW columnist in this issue!
Then, MESHUGGAH As the leader of technical groove metal, the Swedish group has shaped the extreme metal scene and inspired the new breed of djent metallers. Fredrik Thordendal and Mårten Hagström discuss the group’s latest—and most accessible—album, Koloss.
The long-running power trio RUSH returns to its stripped-down roots with Clockwork Angels. Alex Lifeson tells the story behind the group’s new, hard-hitting concept album.
- Martin GPCPA4 Siris acoustic-electric
- Fender Select Stratocaster HSS
- Carvin Legacy 3 Steve Vai signature head
- New EQ What’s hot and cool
- Yamaha THR10 amp
- TC Electronic John Petrucci Dreamscape Signature TonePrint pedal
- Musicvox Space-inator guitar
- Bare Knuckle Black Hawk pickup set
And 4 SONGS with Guitar & Bass TABS!
- Led Zeppelin The Rover
- Meshuggah Future Breed Machine
- Steve Vai Tender Surrender
- Poison Every Rose Has Its Thorn
And much more!